Internet explorer popups when using firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, this is my first post, so first of all hello to everyone. now to the problem.
Every now and then i keep getting a pop up which starts as a blank page then most of the time goes in to a poker site or advert for starware toolbar.
I have ran adaware 2007, spybot search and destroy, avg 7.5 and avg anti spyware 7.5. Even after this i still get the pop ups, i have done a hi jack this log and have added the log file as an attachment.

thanks very much for any help.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You`re using an outdated version of HijackThis and have not renamed it as per these instructions HERE.

Post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Jordss only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I can see nothing obviously nasty in your HJT log. However, something is obviously not right.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Jordss only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I did the antirootkit scan and it came back with nothing, just making my way through the steps in the cleaning list now, will get back to you with the logs.

Ive done all the tests now and have uploaded the log files, hope fully something will be found in these. Thanks for any help.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

inst.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Azureus Installer] "C:\Program Files\Azureus Installer\Azureus-Installer.exe" hmw

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\DOCUME~1\Jords\APPLIC~1\inst.exe

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Let me know if you`re still having problems.

I have completed these instructions, thanks very much for all your help hopefully the problem will be fixed now. I will get back to you if the problem persists.

Thanks again.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back