Internet interruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charge

Hello all!

My wireless internet keeps interrupting all the time. I would say that it is my internet to blame, but the problem persists over two networks and two different network cards.

To explain, the wireless internet just loses connection (doesn't disconnect but stops all data transfer) for a second or so. It is very annoying when playing any kind of games or actively surfing as it interrupts anything.

What other possible cause could be? My computer seems to be virus and adware free...

Could it be that my windows hasn't been reinstalled for quite some time?

Charge said:
Hello all!

My wireless internet keeps interrupting all the time. I would say that it is my internet to blame, but the problem persists over two networks and two different network cards.

To explain, the wireless internet just loses connection (doesn't disconnect but stops all data transfer) for a second or so. It is very annoying when playing any kind of games or actively surfing as it interrupts anything.

What other possible cause could be? My computer seems to be virus and adware free...

Could it be that my windows hasn't been reinstalled for quite some time?

HI

I asked a similar question a while back, and I found a cure, my problem was that the Wireless constantly disconnected and then reconnected at random, very annoying I can tell you.

In the end it was a case of change the channel that the wifi was on and since then I have had no issues of the same nature, although once in a blue moon I do have to release and renew my IP as I lose LAN connection to the network, I dont lose Internet connection though which is strange, just connection to my home network.....

Lastly I havent reinstalled XP since I installed it some 12 months ago, my NIC takes up to 20 seconds to get an IP address from the router, sometimes it fails and I get the 169.x.x.x address and I have to repair the NIC connection, so I tested with a clean install of XP and it doesn't happen.....

Just one more reason not to like XP......

Regards

Hmm maybe... I talked to a computer guy at work, he said that a possible cause is the DHCP protocol renewing its lease. He didnt remember how to solve it though.

Any help with that?

Charge said:
Hmm maybe... I talked to a computer guy at work, he said that a possible cause is the DHCP protocol renewing its lease. He didnt remember how to solve it though.

Any help with that?

Yeah go into the router setup and change the DHCP lease time to forever.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back