Internet is working fine, but my computer still wont go online, what is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drfefe2

A little bit ago, i had to uninstall zonealarm so that i could install kaspersky anti-virus to get rid of a few nasty bugs. i didnt want anything coming into my computer so i took out the ethernet cable. after removing lots of viruses, i put the ethernet cable back in and the local area connection said there was "Limited or no connectivity." so, i did all the routine stuff, unplug the modem and plug it back in, check to see if the driver was working properly, ect... however it still said limited or no connectivity. i called up my internet provider and they gave me an ip adress to manually enter under network connnections, since it was not getting one automatically. now the internet was working fine, that is: everything said it was connected and working properly but when i clicked on my browser it still would not work. then i went into run: cmd to see what was up, and a bunch of error messages came up, somthing about an illegal operation.
After a couple days of trying stuff, i did run:cmd again just for the hell of it and it works fine now.

so, my computer works absolutly fine, but i still cannot connect to the internet, even though the internet is connected. any help you can give is greatly appreciated for I am at a complete and utter lost.

When you go into Network Connections in the control Panlel, are there any unidentified connections to an IP address that is not your own? If so delete them. I would try another browser like Mozilla Firefox and see if that works. Viruses love to attack anything Microsoft related and the viruses could have destroyed the connection setting for Internet Explorer. Try Firefox and see if that works. Also make sure nothing elso is running, like Anti-Virus and Zone Alarm.

no antivirus or firewall are running, no unidentified connections to other ip adresses, all drivers are working properly, i only use mozilla

OK so when you go into Local Area COnnection Properties Is your Eternet Adapter in the box near the top? If so scroll down to Internet Protocol TCP/IP
and click properties. Under general, Obtain an IP Address Automatically should be checked and Obtain DNS server address automatically also should be checked. Under Advanced IP Settings it should say DHCP Enabled in the box. If none of this works uninstall the network adapter in device properties and restart the computer.

I love that program :) It repairs your winsock, removing any nasty LSP software. But it's a two-edged sword, it will also remove any legit LSP, such as from Antivirus.

Glad it worked.

norton and macaffe famous for uninstall wsock with the app
never heard of ZA doing that ,but ZA does other damage , when uninstall
you may find it has left a lot of crap on your machine virtually impossable to remove
I don't use AV I know I know I'm crazy
but no virus or trojuns for a yr now WOW!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back