Internet Running Very Slowly (HJT Log Attached)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seppel

Hello Everyone, for the past couple weeks my internet has been running very slowly. I must have scanned my computer a good 20 times now with various programs (Nortan Antivirus 2006, Adaware-SE, AVG) and they never find anything. I have tried downloading other programs just to see if they'd work but whenever I try I usually get a download speed of 1kb (usually less) per second. I hope someone can help me solve this problem.

Did you try Spybot Search & Destroy? It catches the really NASTY spyware that affects your PC in weird ways.

I tried getting it but it was taking hours to download and it eventually just canceled itself, I'll give it another go though.

Ok I finally got Spybot Search and Destroy, it found 4 things but there were no changes in my internet performance after I fixed them.

OK, although you have removed all or most spyware, these utilities do not fix any corruption left behind by the spyware. The best way to fix that is to perform an XP repair installation (I presume you're running XP.) If you don't know how to do that, go here

Seppel,

your log says you keep HJT on desktop and didn't rename it. It may not show everything, in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back