Internet sometimes only works on desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay heres the breakdown

i recently got a notebook, and a router, i set it all up and it was working fine
but then just yesterday my friend gave me a link to a site, and after that all hell broke loose on my desktop. first of all the internet worked for like 10 min. and then stopped, and on my internet explorer it said page cannot be found, but it said in the network connections that i was connect, and i called my isp and they said that i was connected to the internet, but i still had the problems.
but the internet on my notebook was just fine, and working properly, it was just my desktop that was having problems

so anyone plz help!!!

um i dont remember but it was like something cnn and with bush assisinated
but would the cnnectivity have anything to do with my router cause my internet is only like 384 kb/s and its sharing between 2 computers

also for some reason in windows/system32 it always creates like a .tmp, and even thought i delete them they still keep comming back, and i think that might also be the problem and i wanna know whats creating them

what happens if you deactivate and reactivate the network-card on the machine causing problems?

Have you tried rebooting (ie. disconnect from power for couple of minutes, and then plug it back in) your router?

well you know what sucks
since my internet like stops working after like 6 min.
i cant run those programs
but im using norton internet security 2005, and microsoft antispy

okay i tried them both and the probelem still persists
im just gonna have to use the restore cd
and if the problem still persists then idk what the hell it is

well i meant deactivating and reactivating the network card in the device manager...

you did that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back