internet troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
While i am trying to upload my files to my website with my ftp client, after so many uploads my dsl disconnects. I have to repair my internet connection to get it to work again. Is there a way to fix this?

Update the firmware on your dsl modem. Similar has happened to me in the past and a firmware upgrade usually does the trick.

All good ...

Go to the manufacturers website and you should be able to search via your model number. They might list it somewhere on their website, or they might not.

What is the make and model of your dsl modem? If I have time I'll look for a link for you. But in general, once you download the latest formware for your dsl modem, you then need to login to your dsl modem (http://ipaddress of modem), search for the section where you upgrade your firmware and point it to the file you obtained. That's about it really. After a reboot it will be running the latest firmware which may or may not solve your ftp problem.

If you get stuck, you could always call support for your dsl modem and ask them to talk you through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back