Internet Wont Work On Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got a used laptop from someone and I wanted to store a fresh new Windows XP. I deleted everything off the hard drive and installed it. I then went to go on the internet and nothing happens. I go to comand prompt and type in..ipconfic/renew and all that stuff but its not reading anything. When I plug in the ethernet nothing pops up on the bottom right which it should do.
I would like it if anyone could help my situation.
THANKS

You probably need to install the chipset drivers. Specifically you need to install the ethernet chip driver. What make and model do you have?

You probably have the Integrated Intel(r) Pro/100 VE Network Card and will need the driver.

The driver is HERE.

HERE is the chipset driver.

I found all the links HERE.

You may want to visit the main download page and pick and choose your drivers.

Ok thank you but how am I expose to download it to my laptop if I cant get online? Sorry im not great with computers. Is there a way?

well how did u get here? down load what u need on another computer and burn a cd or dvd with the drivers u need to install then install them off the cd or dvd.

Or you could use a thumb drive, flash memory drive, usb memory stick or whatever you want to call it.

Ok i did everything you todl me to but.....My internet works but only the wireless part. i plug in an ethernet and nothing happens. When i got into device manager it says im missing, ETHERNET CONTROLLER and USB CONTROLLER. How do i get those and download it. If anyone has any links i would greatly appreciate it.
THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back