Interview with Terry Makedon from ATI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGaribaldi

DriverHaven has posted an interview with Terry Makedon (works with ATI's Catalysts) here...

It's quite an interesting read... Here are some snippets:

Everyone always asks, where is ATI going to go from here and how can they continue to improve? I want to officially announce that in the near future we will do even better. CATALYST will now officially be posted a minimum of 12 times a year! That’s right monthly updates (and note I threw the word ‘minimum’ in there). These updates will always include performance boosts, stability enhancements, and innovative new features. They will be fully unified, for all OS’es and of course will be Microsoft certified.

Zardon: Some people have asked me about the forthcoming release of Half life 2, and the fact it might be optimised for nvidia cards, is this true and if it is true, what can be done about it? Terry: No that is not true. I am sure by now everyone knows that Half Life 2 was premiered at E3 a few weeks ago at the ATI booth!

Zardon: Have you any plans to enhance Linux driver support? ATI’s drivers at the minute don’t support XFree86 4.3.0. Terry: We will have support for XFree86 4.3.0 soon. We are finalizing this and it should be ready for the general public in June.

This is just a wee bit... Read the rest here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back