I get this error from time to time, even when there is no disk in the computer. There's no CD or floppydisk inserted. To solve the problem, I restart the computer, and all is fine.Invalid system disk
Replace the disk, and then press any key.
I'd rather not go through the problem, and want it solved once and for all. Does anyone know the problem and solution? I already went on Google to see what others said, but no luck.
1. The computer has no viruses. I have NAV.
2. There are no HD (harddrive) problems, according to ScanDisk.
3. All cords and cables are attached to where they should go.
4. The first boot location is on the HD (C, according to BIOS.
5. There are no disks inserted.
After all this, what could be the problem and what can I do? I've heard it could be a slow OS (slower than the BIOS), or a worthless HD. Before I conclue its worthless, I would like to know how to make the OS faster in starting it up (or making the BIOS slower so that the OS can catch up).
1. I am using Windows 98SE.
2. The primary slave is a Maxtor HD.