ipmon32.exe application error 0xc0000142 what do I do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

ipmon32.exe is part of windows monitoring service. Maybe it`s become corrupt.

You could try doing a repair install of Windows and see if that cures the problem.

Take a look HERE at how to do a repair install.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Jim Smarr,

If repair does not work, it may be hardware error. Attach the following files here. I will study your log and dumps.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\DrWatson\user.dmp
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\DrWatson\drwtsn32.log

Hi I'm new to the forum

Hi, I'm new I am having trouble with my computer. Ihope someone can help!!!

It is a IPMON32.exe problem:

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142) click o.k. to terminate the
application.

Does anyone know the solution?

Thanks

It would have been better for you to have started a new thread instead of posting on one that is three years old.

But I think we can resolve this easily: whenever you give us an error message, it is important to tell us what you were doing when it came up. But I am going to "assume" this message is coming up when to boot up the computer:

What it is: IPInSightMonitor 01 is Installed with Verizon DSL accounts. IP Insight is a Quality of Service monitor and diagnostic tool that isn't required

What to do:
Start> Run> type in 'msconfig' without quotes> enter> Selective Startup> Startup tab> UNCHECK this process> Apply> OK.

Reboot the computer. NOTE: you will get a nag message that you can close ad ignore after checking 'don't show this message again.' Stay in Selective Startup.

Please let me know if my "assumption" was correct and if the instruction resolve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back