IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL w/Wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok,

I'm confused. I have a laptop that uses a belkin 11g wireless router. Not very strong connection, but it works in some places thru the house. So, I went a bought a belkin 11n router. Works great for most of the laptops throughout the house just fine, signal nice and strong.

But on one laptop... confusion reigns... It loads windows, then has a BSOD with the "irql not less or equal" error. If I revert to the 11g, it works. If I disable the laptop wireless, it works. If I go back to the 11n, and enable the wireless on the laptop... BSOD each and every time.

Since it works 100% of the time using the 11g, I don't think this is a "ram going bad" issue, or has anything to do with overheating. Is it possible that the laptop wireless drivers just need updating? If so, and I update them, and it doesn't work, what will I do then?

My laptop works fine, as does one other. The owner of the house is the one having issues, and unfortunatly, the pre-loaded laptop didn't come with any software on CD, and whoever setup her computer for her didn't make any restoreable or backups.

Respectfully,

Scott

I think you are on the right track with drivers - you should perhaps uninstall the old and new sets before rebooting and reinstalling the new set again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back