IRQ Not LEss or QUAL or Page Fault In Non Paged Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( hi all.
Read most of the threads on this problem I have with my daughters pC. She has a PC Chips MB , Athlon Xp1.9G and 256mb ram. NVIDIA Geforce 2 card.

She has only got a small HDD 10gb and regularly fills it with crap. I have to format and reload windows but I keep getting these errors when i try. Can get to where windows asks which partition to put it on and when i select i get the blue screen of death. with either of the 2 errors IRQ Not LEss or EQUAL or Page Fault In Non Paged Area. I normally have to remove the HDD stick it in my pc and load windows from there. Afterwards its normally ok.
But shes been getting systems hangs.

Just got her a new DVD rom & 80Gb hdd but problem is even worse. loathed to buy a new MOBO or CPU if its a simple fix. Thinks it migh be PSU related . and there's a thread suggesting the video card might be at fault . but why both errors?
Any help would evry much appreaciated

SHREK : :)

Did you do a full or quick format? Full is better. It over writes all the old files especially old drivers. If that doesnt work it sounds like bad RAM. Try Memtester.

Thanks for the reply,
Yep stuck my own 512mb memory in and it was the same. I blew my CPU :giddy: the other day and put the AThlon in mine and its running fine there so its gotta be board or psu. just seems strange that its fine when windows has been preloaded.
The PSU is only a 300w So probably that.

What version of Windows are u trying to install.I don't see how it would ever work if I follow you correctly.
Are you are copying Win Setup files to her HDD in your CPU to run install back in her machine /or installing windows on her HDD while it is in your CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back