IRQL not less or equal problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

karl hogarth

Hi. I came across this forum while searching for a solution to my crash BSOD. I have read and followed the requirements before posting any minidump(s). My RAM and drives check out ok ( i got the store to test them). The system is completely new. I am running an audio program called Cubase and keep getting the crash at different intervals. I use an external USB soundcard which handles the sound and midi input/output. System specs are in my sig. There are no IRQ conflicts that I can see. Please have a look at my minidumps, can you find why/where it is crashing ?. the BSOD says
xxxstop: 0x000000D1 (0x86800000,0x0000002,0x000000, 0xF78B0ESE)
XXX MA 763003.SYS - aDRESS F78E0E5E BASE A F78AC000 DATESTAMP 3EC00857

Thank you very much. Karl

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash at MA763003.sys. Possible cubase driver?

Remove the cubase programme and see if your system then becomes stable.

Check on the cubase website for updated drivers/patches etc.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks very much for the rapid response. I will do as you suggest. Though Cubase is the only thing i really use the computer for I will try to find something else to test it with. Maybe burn some disks. Cheers ! i will let you know how i get on.

Okay i just ran soundforge with some heavy processing and windows media player playing a track and ableton lite. All this got the processor up to around 80%. I got the BSOD after half an hour or so. Same error message MA 763003.sys any suggestions how i find what this relates to ? Cheers

i should have mentioned this earlier but the system does not crash when running on the onboard sound and midi controller. Could the "MA" in MA 763003.sys stand for M-Audio ? Could it be the driver for the USB Sound module ?

Yes it could very well be the usb soundcard.

In fact since it doesn`t crash unless you are using it, It`s almost certain that`s the culprit.

I did a google search for MA763003.sys, and couldn`t find any info.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks Howard. yes i tracked it down to an M-Audio driver all right. I have contacted them by email. i will post the results.

Well M-Audio wer'ent a lot of help. They say that because the card works for awhile before crashing it is not the card but a problem with the system. Probably an IRQ conflict though the device mananger shows no conflict. I queried him about changing the IRQ's in the BIOS. He didn't know what the BIOS was. Nice one. :mad:

That`s just a typical response. "it`s not our fault, it must be your system".

Is the card still under warranty?

Maybe it`s just the drivers for the card that are crap.

Can you find any updated drivers?

Regards Howard :)

Yes the drivers are the latest downloaded from the M-Audio site. Latest NVidia drivers too. Things have got stranger. I took the system to the place i bought it to see if they could figure it out. It didn't crash once running under the saame conditions i had it crashing in, so we are thinking it has something to do with the power supply at my apartment, maybe a fluctation is tripping out the USB Soundcard (which is AC powered), this leads to an error in the system recorded at the soundcard driver. Luckily i have just moved out of that place so we'll see how it goes in the new house. If it works we have found a new fix.......move house. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back