IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Blue Screen of Death - Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting the "blue screen of death" with the above mentioned title. The technical info is as follows:
***Stop: 0x0000000A (0x3F3F3F3F, 0x00000002, 0x0000000, 0x804DC25D)

I was getting this message and thought it might be a physical memory problem so I replaced and upped my memory over the weekend. Now I'm still getting the BSOD. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First off, thanks for responding so quickly.
I'm not doing anything in particular that I know of. This is a work computer that I use heavily but I play no games. I'm an appraiser so I use an appraisal program which is nothing more than a glorified word processor/database program. I do work with some graphics programs but nothing real complicated. (Corel 8)
I had this problem once before (although I don't remember if the technical info was the same as far as the parameters) and it turned out to be a bad stick of memory. I had been getting some error messages concerning not being able to access memory but then I got this blue screen last week so I went to circuit city this past weekend and got 1 gig of memory to replace/upgrade the 256 mb stick that was in there. It had been MUCH faster and no problems until this morning.
I tried to crank up windows explorer and it wouldn't come up. I tried to shut it down and got the blue screen. I rebooted tried to open up windows explorer again but it still wouldn't. I opened up task manager and two sets of explorer was running. Tried to shut 'em both down but only one would go. I then tried a different direction to get a picture from my digital camera to an external hard drive (both of which have been installed and working fine) by using the SD Viewer program that came with my camera and I got the blue screen again.
I shut it down again and on reboot, as it was coming up, got a message that said windows had recovered from a major error and then it asked me to send a report to microsoft which I did. For the first time ever a webpage popped up with some very general info from microsoft about what had occurred. They said it was likely a driver but couldn't say which one. I haven't installed any new hardware or software lately so I started looking for a clue and found this site.

Another blue screen

I was just surfing the net when I got this one but the technical info is as follows:
0x0000000A (0x00000188, 0x000000ff, 0x804e35e9)

Anybody got a clue as to what's going on?

The error your getting is an elusive one because ya never really knw what can be causeing it, I got it one time when a program that uses my audio card extensivlely was run, and another from a bad stick of ram. I would do a google search for memtest86 and follow ther instructions to run that. Run the the test like 3 times without stopping to se if you have any problems. another thing is to find your memory frequency settings in your BIOS and try 333mhz instead of 400 or auto. When i did that, I never had another problem.

Bugcheck code 0A with IRQL FF is invalid. Your problem may be hardware or software. You must provide the minidump for further analysis. When Windows crashes with blue screen, it writes a system event 1001 and a minidump to the folder \windows\minidump. Check system event 1001 and it has the content of the blue screen

Event ID: 1001
Source: Save Dump
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.The bugcheck was : 0xc000000a (0xe1270188, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804032100).
Microsoft Windows..... A dump was saved in: .......

Control Panel -> Adminstrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> System -> Event 1001. Copy the content and paste it back here

Zip 5 to 6 minidumps and attach the zip files here. I will study the dump and find out the culprit.

You are the man!! At least I'm assuming you're a man. Nonetheless, here is the information you requested and thank you so much for the help.
--------------------------------------------
Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event Category: None
Date: 8/3/2005
Time: 2:59:41 PM
User: N/A
Computer: STEVE
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000000a (0x00000188, 0x000000ff, 0x00000000, 0x804e35e9). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini080305-01.dmp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I need help too!!!!!

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event Category: None
Date: 5/13/2009
Time:9:31:40 PM
User: N/A
Computer: Rodriguez

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x10000050 (0xe2d8ad1c, 0x00000000, 0xbf807f30, 0x00000001). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini051309-07.dmp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back