Irql_not_less_or_equal Bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcoperfield

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
My PC shows BSODs every 3-4 hours and the cause is coming from tcpip.sys... I suspect the network card but I have only 2 months that I bought that. I attach the minidumps. Please I can use some help here...

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    99.5 KB · Views: 5
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

2 minidumps crash at Rtlnicxp.sys. Your Realtek lan driver. They have a bugcheck of 0A.

3 minidumps crash at nltdi.sys. Netlimiter??? They have a bugcheck of 7E.

Try updating your lan drivers.

Uninstall/update netlimiter.

There is is similar problem with netlimiter HERE

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Use the General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages checklist above. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thanks

thank you so much... it was a nightmare... could you analyze these dumps too? it's from a friend's pc possibly the same problem with netlimiter...

2 minidumps crash at nltdi.sys. Netlimiter. They have bugchecks of 0A, and 7E respectively.

1 minidump crashes at viaudios.sys. VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio WDM Driver. It has a bugcheck of 7E.

1 minidump crashes at ptserial.sys. HSP Modem Serial Device Driver for NT 5.0. It has a bugcheck of D1.

1 minidump crashes at fetnd5.sys. VIA Technologies, Inc. NDIS 5.0 miniport driver. It has a bugcheck of D1.

Tell your friend to update/uninstall netlimiter.

Update his modem drivers.

Update his onboard sound drivers, and chipset drivers.

He should also go HERE and follow the instructions for testing his ram/hard drive/pagefile etc.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

The meaning of the other bugchecks are as in my first reply to you.

Regards Howard :)

Hey howard.. i too am having the same problem...
the best part is i dont have a minidump and the root cause isnt mentioned... any ideas???

Well let me be more precise.. the problem is coming at random times.. The problem doesnt appear in safe mode.. No files are reported in the blue screen..Only this..
0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL..................
When i go check for Minidumps there are none created... So i really have no idea how to go trough this.. any ideas other then reformatting?? and will reformatting help??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back