Irritating microphone problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is kinda long, so bare with me...

A couple of months ago, I decided I was going to upgrade my PC and buy new peripherals. I bought a new headset - Speed Link Medusa 5.1 Headset amongst other things. At the time, I was using an IDE Hard Drive and my integrated sound card. Everything worked a charm - I set it all up, pink plug into pink jack, green into green, yadda yadda, and it all worked as it should.

I then bought a new hard drive, and despite my very best efforts to mimic my old software and driver setup, my microphone stopped working. My headset works fine, and after trying it with my old IDE Hard Drive, I can definitely say it's not a problem with my headset or cables.

I went out, bought a new sound card, as I figured it must be my integrated sound right? Wrong. Installed the new sound card and I had the exact same problem. I've tried reinstalling drivers a few times to no avail, and I really need to use my microphone (I'm in a gaming clan, if anybody wishes to be indulged :p ). I've disabled my integrated sound on the BIOS, and I've uninstalled all previous drivers for my integrated sound.

The microphone detects no sound input whatsoever - not even the tiniest bit, even after fiddling with Alternate Microphone and Microphone Boost.

I would really appreciate any help. As for the relevent specs:

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939 AGP
Sound Card - Genius Sound Maker Value 5.1 (Sorry, no link for this. Must be what I get for buying an obscure brand)
Headset - Speed Link Medusa 5.1 Headset

First step is to unistall any audio drivers.Then secondly, wat software did u install, don't u thing u need to go to the run then type this eventvwr.msc and see if the application could have coz any problems, then after all that. Reconfigure the boost and alternate microphone.But personaly i still think its the drivers.So make sure u unistall audio drivers for the device mananger and restart.
Something i had forgoten, got to run and type dxdiag, then more help, then msinfo, the look for conflicts, u could be having some IRQ conficts.then fix those in device manager.
Wish u luck.Robin

Hmmm, thanks for the reply but I'm still having this problem. I'm on the verge of reinstalling windows and formatting, but I have no method of backing up my files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back