Is A Change From Ati Radeon To Geforce A Good Idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space_Munky

Alright,I have an ATI radeon 9200 128 mb AGP 8x graphics card at the moment.I want something better because this card is giving me bollocks.So I went online and for a reasonable R1250.00 I can get a Nvidia geforce 6600GT 256mb AGP 8x.My motherboard doesnt support SLI PCI-Express so i have to go the AGP route..Do you guys reckon this is a good choice or not?
A friend of mine said Geforce cards were unreliable and give problems,the only Cards i think are full of crap are the Radeons so far.

Both nvidia and ATI make excellent video cards. They both have very low performers, and they both have extremely high performers.

Your 9200 is pretty dated, and I'm not surprised that you aren't enjoying gaming with it. An upgrade to the 6600GT would make a pretty big difference. Of course it matters what your CPU and ram specs are as well, but assuming they are adaquate, you will feel like you have a new computer when after plugging in that 6600GT.

But keep in mind, the 6600GT is pretty much the lower level of what is considered good these days. It can handle today's newest games with good frame rates on medium settings. But it won't be able to hold on for too much longer. I'd give it another 6 months or so before it starts choking on the games that'll be coming out about then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back