Is it bad to leave a video card half-exposed all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my slim pc only allows half-height video cards..
Would it be bad if i just kinda.. deliberately broke off part of the case so that i could shove a full sized in it?
i know i can just buy a new case, but if this is ok to do.. i'd rather do it instead :slurp:

I wouldn't. If you accidentally brushed up against it or something it could give you nice jolt I suppose. Its just not a good idea all around.

hmm.. so if i were to steer clear of brushing up against it.. would the dust and possibly flies and minor stuff damage it?

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

No probably not, but I wouldn't advise doing something like this. If you spilled something maybe and it got into there it would not be good. What type of computer do you have and what type of slots does it have?

dell xps 210 one pci and one pci-e, i believe
if i did this, i would get a long cord for connecting it to the monitor and put it way way out of the way

I just really think cutting a whole in the case is a bad idea. If you put a GC in would the fan be facing up or down. I am asking this to see if dell is still using the BTX version motherboards or the ATX version.

**EDIT** ok never mind they are still using the blasted BTX motherboards. SO getting a different case is pretty much out of it. There is some BTX cases but there isn't many.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16811196012 This is a BTX or a ATX case. If you want to spend this much money then I would just get a differnt case instead of cutting a whole in yours.

I say go for it. My side Panel hasnt even been on my computer for the last 5 months. Haven't had any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back