Is it possible to remove the Windows XP login screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyleronline

Hey Guys, was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the blue win. XP login screen? Can it actually be done? I only have one login account on my computer and will never need anymore than that or require a password so the login screen is useless to me. Can i remove it or bypass it in some way? Regards Will

Click start/control panel/user accounts.

Click on "change the way users log on or off".

Make sure "use the welcome screen" is ticked. Untick "use fast user switching". Click apply options.

Regards Howard :)

Those are the settings that I allready had! I tried every combination and I still cant get rid of the my logon screen. Any ideas? Regards

Hey Howard sorry for the slow reply, It worked first time! I just did the first method of running control password 2 and now it's great. So thanks for solving my problem your a star. Regards

If you are talking about just going straight to your desktop when you boot up your computer it should just do it if there is not password on your admin account and if you go in to User Accounts under the Control Panel and making sure that the Guest account it turned off. Ever comptuer that I have installed Windows XP on and I did that goes straight to the desktop.

Hope that helps.

It's possible of course, but is a FUNDAMENTALLY BROKEN THING TO DO. Only one account on WinXP means an admin account. Yeah, right, this means that you're open to any existing virus out there should you just not pay attention for a single minute. Once is enough.

Create a normal user account, be it unprotected by a password, but leave your administrator account password-protected and alone unless you really need it. If you don't have a password, just clicking on the name will make you jump straight to the desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back