Is it possible to run PC DVD games without a DVD drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard the Duck

I have several CD images I downloaded, and some are PC DVD versions. Is there anyway to get them to run without an actual DVD drive?

You are skating on thin ice with that type of question. Piracy and other illegal activities aren't discussed here.

But yes, it is possible. Software like daemon tools can mount images as a virtual drive.

Don't be suprised if someone edits or deletes this thread in the future (including me).

You silly person! You could have just made the images from your existing original game DVDs instead of downloading them :p

Nodsu said:
You silly person! You could have just made the images from your existing original game DVDs instead of downloading them :p

I concur, although piracy is a crime. finding the originating point is the issue, yes you can do what you seek, that is all, be well...

I live in Canada, where P2P is currently legal, so technically I'm not talking about illegal activities.

I've tried running the PC images in Daemon Tools and it still has an error - I can only concur it must be the absence of a DVD drive. Any ideas?

You are obviously confusing things and since not knowing the law is not an excuse, technically you are a criminal. Thread closed. Read up on copyright law.

Copying software is not legal (unless allowed by the copyright holder). And P2P is legal everywhere.
In some places, making private copies of works of art (music, video, books) is indeed legal, but this does not include software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back