Is it true that Limewire kills hard drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive heard from some of my friends that lime wire has killed their hard drive and i dont mean viruses or any of that but the files themselves have destroyed their Hard drives? I dont use it myself because i normally dont use P2P.

any type of Peer to Peer programs is an open door for viri and trojans. People who use such programs are very foolish.

ive been having problems with my limeware, then on friday my hd went "unmountable". so i think i know who to blame

with P2P programs, you never know the content until it is already downloaded, plus you are getting data from multiple sources. With many computers being zombied - you're asking for trouble. For the same reason I don't use instant messangers either.

To answer the question.No,limewire cannot damage your hardrive.
It can introduce worms and viruses that can damage your OS and steal/delete data
on your hard drive.

MSN messenger is only a security risk in that it`s a prime target for hackers and worm writers.
If you keep it patched and your careful about attachments and avoid clicking
on anything,no problem.

"To answer the question.No,limewire cannot damage your hardrive.
It can introduce worms and viruses that can damage your OS and steal/delete data
on your hard drive."

well I will agree that limewire cannot damage your hardrive, but I had a 16 year old daughter that used to download lots of music with it and in a year I had to format her harddrive 4 or 5 times to keep her computer where it would run. SO YES limewire is not a good idea.

Limewire will not physically damage your hard drive. It can hower, add to the download of viruses and trojans which can corrupt you hard drive. If this happens, just reformat. I have been using limewire for years and have had no problems what so ever. As long as you have a good antivirus, you should be OK.

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back