Is my bios broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nissanman

I was searching the internet and found a program that i thought was kind of cool. It was ment to change the picture that award bios shows in the top right hand corner of the screen when the computer is booting. So i downloaded the program and changed my picture to the intel celeron logo.
When it had finished setting up the new picture it told me to restart so i did. But when i restarted the computer all i got was a long beep and two short beeps. A couple of seconds after that i got two low pitched beeps and that is all that happens. Nothing appears on the screen. Is my bios broken and is it possible to fix without replacing the bios chip? I have tried clearing the bios twice but that does not work.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks.

Don't fix it if it aint broke. Especially if its critical to a funtional system.

Flash your BIOS and update it to the most current one your motherboards website offers.

That is if he can. If the flash that he had done set it to a totally different bios type for that chip, he might not be able to flash it with a new one. All he gets right now are beeps of doom!

The program backed my bios up to a floppy but when i use that floppy it wont
work. Is their something i have to do before i can use the floppy?

A bios can be corrupt and you should still be able to flash it, it doesn't matter what he put on it. Put a copy of AWDFLASH.EXE and the correct BIOS for that chipset on a floppy and boot from floppy.

I cant, the only working computer i have doesnt have a floppy drive. Would I be able to use a CD ROM instead?

I might as well buy a new chip then. Does anyone know where i could get one. My Motherboard is a Jetway 620BF.

you can buy cheap external USB floppy drives if you old BIOS enables you to boot off it.

If you motherboard has a floppy port, use that instead - far better. NEVER have a computer w/o a floppy drive. They're still used for stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back