Is my CPU fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i installed a new CPU LGA 775 intel duo core 2 3 GHz and a new comp. case, and now my moniter does not recieve a signal from my comp. at first i thought it was my Grapics card, but the graphics card fan runs so what could it be? is my motherboard or CPU damaged?

Probably nothing more than a few errors in the install. Think it all through, clearly, while rested, and double check everything in your manual. Remove and re-insert every cable. Look for wires pulled partly out. Check on the jumper switches.
You will have to go to a great deal of work to ruin a new board, new case, and new cpu.
Tracking down the error is just part of the agony and the ecstasy of building a computer. Fun, isn't it.

No, but you will definitely need to re-register the product ID or Key.
That leads to other problems. If you are using a previous used, installed hard drive, Windows will detect the change, and will not work. You then usually have to cold boot to the Windows disc, and run it in repair mode. Many of the Windows XP upgrade, academic, System Recover, System Restore, and OEM discs (11 in all) will not cooperate and run Repair Reliably so that you can link you old Windows with your new processor.
If you have an Official Windows disk, you need to call Microsoft. For recovery discs, you need to call the manufacturer tech support for the computer in question.

raybay said:
Probably nothing more than a few errors in the install. Think it all through, clearly, while rested, and double check everything in your manual. Remove and re-insert every cable. Look for wires pulled partly out. Check on the jumper switches.
You will have to go to a great deal of work to ruin a new board, new case, and new cpu.
Tracking down the error is just part of the agony and the ecstasy of building a computer. Fun, isn't it.

it wasnt that hard for me lol..
i was launching my pc for the first time, i left it to format the drive and came back 10 minutes later, i smelled something burning... i opened the pc side and a cloud of smoke came out of it lol... turns out i got a fault fan and it was burning up LOL..

i returned it to the store and in 2 days they switched all my fans and gave it back to me :)

So it is repaired, but not working?
Did the "store" test it after repair?
They still have a responsibility to fix it if it didn't work when you got it home...
and anything you do will void what they are willing to do.
So unless you have an agreement with them to diddle with it, you are wise to leave it alone, and have them do what needs to be done.

If it is working, give us an update of what the problem, as you see it, might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back