Is my mouse on it's way out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

disciple

My mouse has started to have a life of it's own; shooting all over the screen. I first thought it could be spyware etc, but after running tests i was still getting the same results. In the end i re-formatted my hardrive with a fresh install of XP and i am still getting the same results. My mouse is an AOpen optical mouse, model 0-23g. I have the latest drivers. Any ideas?

disciple said:
My mouse has started to have a life of it's own; shooting all over the screen. I first thought it could be spyware etc, but after running tests i was still getting the same results. In the end i re-formatted my hardrive with a fresh install of XP and i am still getting the same results. My mouse is an AOpen optical mouse, model 0-23g. I have the latest drivers. Any ideas?

Optical mice, OK so they collect less junk and require less cleaning, but lets face it has anyone actually found a smooth surface that they work on that doesnt cause the pointer to wander.

But yes, sounds like the mouse is faulty, and as they cost a few quid why not just bin it and buy a new one. Keep the receipt though just in case we're wrong.

Be seeing you...

Ididmyc600 said:
Optical mice, OK so they collect less junk and require less cleaning, but lets face it has anyone actually found a smooth surface that they work on that doesnt cause the pointer to wander.

But yes, sounds like the mouse is faulty, and as they cost a few quid why not just bin it and buy a new one. Keep the receipt though just in case we're wrong.

Be seeing you...

Thanks; when it jumps around it always seems to start from the edge of the screen, if that helps. Know any good mice LOL!

Logitech MX1000 is a good choice, its not optic but rather laser. I have had one for almost a year with no issues. Its also wireless.

halo71 said:
Logitech MX1000 is a good choice, its not optic but rather laser. I have had one for almost a year with no issues. Its also wireless.

Thanks for the advice; i'll keep that in mind. I bought myself one for £4.99 to get me through the christmas period as i've got too many other things to pay out for (Christmas, wife and two kids); and i've had no problems so far. I'll buy a decent mouse in the new year. Thanks again to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back