Is my PSU rubbish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superhog

Hi, I have been having trouble with blue screen crashes while gaming, I get the error 'nv4_disp.dll is caught in an infinite loop' could some one tell me if this could be caused by my power supply? Its an Eagle ATX500w. I have never heard of this make can anyone tell me if it's any good?

Well

I don't think so. I believe its your driver. I had to get rid of the brand new driver for my Nvidia 6200, and get an older one, try the 84.21 driver.

Your problem is more than likely a driver issue.

PSU problems crop up in other ways.... like no posting problems, unexplained crashes, erratic behavior....

The problem is defently a driver issue as others have posted. But your PSU is an utter piece of crap and has made almost every (or at least every one I've ever seen) bad psu list on the internet. It is not a problem now but I would recomend replaceing it with an Antec, Enermax, FSP, or PC Power & Cooling PSU before it frys your system.

Thanks for breaking the news to me so gently. I suspected that was the case with my psu, i'm going to look into changing it. As for the video driver I have tried using older versions before but it doesn't solve the problem but I will try 84.21.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back