Is my router broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week I replaced my motherboard (Asus A7v600) and cpu (athlon 2500+) with an asrock K8-Upgrade-1689 and athlon64 3200+ cpu.

Everything seemed to be fine when booting up the pc after the install (bearing in mind that this is the 1st time i have ever done this) However, my dsl router refuses to work with both my new system and my brothers system (which has not been modified in any way)

I dont see how my new mobo and chip could affect the router albeit the network card in on part of the mobo. What makes this even more confusing is that I took the router and my pc to work and tried it there, and sure enough, it worked first time. So my network card seems to be ok.

after 3 days of tearing my hair out I have noticed that my pc will establish a connection to the router when the telephone line is disconnected, but as soon as the telephone line is connected and the router connects to the net, every time i ping the router, it comes back with 'timed out'

I have tried fitting new dsl filters, disconnecting all phones and trying new cables but nothing seems to help.

Has anyone had this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back