Logged out and 'multiple' incorrect login attempts?

Bubbajim

Staff
This might be the wrong place to post this, but I can't find anywhere else particularly relevant either.

Is there something fishy going on with Techspot? When I came to the site today, I was logged out and immediately frozen out due to 'multiple' incorrect login attempts. I changed my password, logged in, then was later logged out again - and once more, upon trying to log in I had multiple failed login attempts.

Should I be worried?

This past weekend we tried to put online a new server infrastructure based on varnish cache for better performance and redundancy. We did this during the weekend and during non peak hours on purpose, after working on this new setup for several weeks. Unfortunately the implementation didn't go as planned and we had to revert the whole thing.

As part of the revert, we reset everyone's cookies, so next time you came to the site you would no longer be logged in. That explains, at least in part, the strange behavior you saw.

For now everything is back to normal so I would just carry on as normal, but feel free to leave us further feedback here.

We are testing the new server infrastructure this weekend again, so far everything is looking good, but please let us know here if you see anything weird or inconsistent on your end.

Thank you.

We are testing the new server infrastructure this weekend again, so far everything is looking good, but please let us know here if you see anything weird or inconsistent on your end.

Thank you.
CDN references for CSS files are failing (again) and we get the linear text...

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
That's unrelated to the change however, that's served by the CDN. I just cleared the cache, is it any better?

Also, both forum and main site fail on your end?

No change -- same result even on other non-windows system (mac 10.13)
Even logon is massively delayed.

Do note some corporate networks often block CDN resources. Same for other blockers and addons. If you’re at home though with none of the above, it’s harder to diagnose since it’s not a widespread issue.

Didn’t tell me if the homepage presents the same issues as the forum.

//static.techspot.com is not responding and yes home page too.

used FF debuging tools, network and load any page. No status return from ANY static... resource, so they just timeout failing to load

Good to hear. Can you still PM me your location (city/state will do) and ISP/IP address so I can see what node of the CDN was possibly at fault?

I've been getting the "login attempt failure, your account is suspended" problem over the past few days, is there still an ongoing server issue?

Got this once this morning but clearing Cache and Cookies fixed it for me.
I cleared my cache and cookies too after todays first failed login attempt but it didn't solve the issue as I was getting the same error after several more tries. I waited a couple of hours and tried again and managed to log in first time.

Back