Is the 7800gt/gtx good value for money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vega

I'm currently putting together a new gaming rig and given that the price of the 6800gt has fallen considerably, have seriously contemplated getting a leadtek 6800gt for about £211.
However, according to various sources, it seem that the forthcoming playstation 3 has a graphics cpu more powerful even than the 7800gtx - call me childish but I've always prided myself that no matter what gaming rig I had, it was always more powerful than the current console machines of the time but the thought that a console is going to be more powerful than my uber rig has worried me into thinking about getting a more powerful gfx card so am currently looking at picking up a 7800gt at £259, I can only JUST afford the extra funds req'd for the 7800gt but can anyone indicate if it is powerful enough to warrant veering away from the cheaper 6800gt which in its own right is a powerful piece of kit?

If you can spare the extra £40 to get the 7800GT then by all means do. I wouldn't worry too much about Playstation III, it's not about to get out & once it does, PCs will have had at least one VGA generation change since then.

i agree and the ps3, they said something in e3 in its processing power, then a couple of weeks later they said it wouldnt be as powerful, so the point being the ps3 is wayyyy a way from being finished and the stuff they say now is rumors and mostly bs so dont worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back