Is there anyway i can increase my fps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl1nked

I would like to increase my fps(frames per second) for a game i play called, Call Of Duty United Offensive. In the game options i put everything on low and took sync everyframe off. I got divx and that stuff version 9.0. I still only get under 30fps!!! Can anyone help me?

System specs:
Hewlett-Packard
Pavilion
AMD Althon(TM) XP 1700+
1.47 GHz, 760 MB of RAM

Graphics card:
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
------------------------------------------------------

I know my comps crap, but can anyone help me atleast get to 60fps?

Are you willing to spend some cash, or are you just looking for tweaks to maximize on what you already have?

If you don't want to spend any cash, this article HERE will give you a few more FPS, maybe a noticable difference, but maybe not. Depends on your current config.

If you are willing to spend some cash, dump that graphics card. It is the lowest of the low for gaming (sorry to be blunt, but I had one last year).

ya im willing to spend some cash on a new card up to about 240 us dollars on one but i was told that a new card wouldn't help because of my crappy processor. Thanks for helping me too, what should i do?

Yah, your CPU is a little old. It is always a tough question when a computer gets to be the age yours is at.

Personally, I'd say it is almost time to overclock it, but then again I have heard that those Pavillions don't really OC to well.

My last computer was an Athlon 2500+ with the Fx5200 and gaming sucked. I upgraded to the 9800pro and it made a HUGE difference. It was like having a new computer. I would think that you too would notice a pretty big difference. What model is your Pavillion? I am wondering what kind of AGP slot you have in there (and what kind of PSU)

Let's see what some others say on this.

Hmmmm. Well..... Christmas is soon... anyone out there love you enough? :wave:

Again, up to you. You're at that "difficult to know what to do" stage. Maybe best to save the cash for a new pooter.

EDIT***** I just did a quick search for PCI cards, and it looks like you can't get much better than the 5200.... :(

ya lol.. have any ideas on a card? And thanks for the help, idk what do to anyone more i came here and you helped me out quite a bit thanks.

I edited my post. I think that upgrading that card is unfortunately out of the question for you. You pretty have the top of the line card (unless someone out there knows of any cards I am not thinking of) for PCI slot.

I think the best you can do is follow that tweak guide I linked you to above, and start saving some cash in order to buy your next "dominate and conquor the world" computer.

A 5700 (non LE) is a bit better IIRC. BUt dont even waste your money, its not all that cheap, and your not going to see a difference. (at least a noticable one) Save up, (even if it takes awhile) and invest in a new machine. Doesnt have to be the latest and greatest. Even a few notches lower from the top will be drasticly better then your current setup.

Good Luck

Sean

this is for the guy above me

i just disagree with the guy above me ^^^^^^^ amd 64s rip hella better than intel :)

sorry

sorry but once again this is a meaningless post im just saying sorry for my other usless one my bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back