Is there anyway to recover data after deleting a partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed a new HDD today and when I went into the Windows setup to partition it, I accidentally deleted a partition on one of my other drives. This drive had ALL my pictures, music, movies and videos. EVERYTHING I had was on that disk.

Since I only deleted the partition, I would assume the information is still there. Is there anyway to recover this, or am I screwed?

TIA,

You're in luck. As long as you haven't done anything else to the disk, you should be able to recover everything. Deleting the partition just deletes the partition table info, the original data is still there. Google some hard disk recovery tools. I used this once to recover from a similar problem.

gavilan said:
You're in luck. As long as you haven't done anything else to the disk, you should be able to recover everything. Deleting the partition just deletes the partition table info, the original data is still there. Google some hard disk recovery tools. I used this once to recover from a similar problem.

I OWE YOU A BEER! I did a quick format on the disk, found the partitions, and now it is currently analyzing. The analyzing portion seems to take a long time, but all the files are showing up.

I didn't realize the trial version only allowed one file a day for thirty days. I went ahead and purchased it as I have LOTS of files to recover.

THANKS again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back