is there difference between ati and sapphire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanimefanx

I want this card

Sapphire X1950 Pro 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card w/Dual DVI

or you have ati radeon which is more expensive

Ati Radeon X1950 Pro

I have no clue what the difference is someone help

oh and by the way the guy who fixed my computer and replaced the harddrive said i can hold any graphic card made so far with pci express

if i buy the sapphire will it come with everything i need? can i update the drivers and stuff for free?

Different brand names. The chipset is the same, but they are much different in other ways.
Sapphire is a good brand.

raybay said:
Different brand names. The chipset is the same, but they are much different in other ways.
Sapphire is a good brand.
good because i want the graphic card and since its the same then brand names that are more expensive don't matter.

tomshardware.com rates hardware like graphics cards and PSUs all the time. Plus they do tests. check it out.

Crossfire is when you use 2 ATI cards at the same time. You get a mobo w/ 2 pci-e slots and install 2 of the same card. Ati provides a cable that connects the 2 processors. Nvidia calls it "SLI" = scalable link interface. Same deal.

pdyckman@comcas said:
Crossfire is when you use 2 ATI cards at the same time. You get a mobo w/ 2 pci-e slots and install 2 of the same card. Ati provides a cable that connects the 2 processors. Nvidia calls it "SLI" = scalable link interface. Same deal.
if i get sapphire radeon X1950 or if i get a sapphire radeon X1900 would i need another graphic card to use the graphic card i only have one Available PCI-Express x16 Slot.

ATI is the chip manufacturer while saphire uses Ati's chips and makes the cards, as do many other companies, all saphire cards are still Ati.

For crossfire you will need a motherboard that has 2 PCI express graphics cards slots and pbviously supports crossfire rarther than SLI (the Nvidea version of crossfire)

if i am not mistaken to crossfire 2 1900's or 1950's you will need to purchase a master version of the card and then a normal version. If you dont want this confusion you can just purchase any two 1950 Pros, aslong as they are say both saphhire with the same ammount of memory they will crossfire fine.

Yes, you may use just one card if you want, even if you have a Crossfire compatible motherboard. The same goes for an SLI compatible motherboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back