Is This Computer Spec Enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

insane001

Hi i am looking for a new computer, i want to know if this spec below is good enough to run the latest games at high speeds thanks:
System Case: Vantage Evolution Inspire Case
Power Supply: 400W PSU
Motherboard: Asrock 939S56-M Motherboard (Skt 939)
Processor: AMD 64-Bit 3200+ (Skt 939)
System Memory: 1Gb DDR400 PC3200 Dual Channel Memory (2x 512Mb)
Hard Drive One: 200Gb Serial ATA150 7200RPM
Hard Drive Two: Please Select
Removeable Storage Devices: Floppy Disc Drive
CD Device One: DVDRW Drive (16x +/- Dual Layer)
CD Device Two: Please Select
Video Card: GeForce 6600GT 128Mb DDR +DVI/TV PCI-X
PCI Devices: Please Select
PCI Devices: Please Select
Keyboard & Mouse Set: Logitech Deluxe Keyboard & Optical Mouse Set
Speakers: Logitech S100 Desktop Set
Monitor: 17 inch TFT Monitor (12ms)
Operating System: Windows XP Home SP/2 - OEM
Office Software: Please Select
AntiVirus Software: Please Select
Utilities Software: Please Select
Additional Services: Please Select
System Warranty: Ad-Vantage 5 Years Return to Base Warranty
Additional Support Services: No Software Support Required - Pay As You Go Available

Will that be good enough or does there need to be any changes made?

Yes, that PC will run most of todays games, but at medium settings and will not really play tomorrows games. but for games like CS:S, BF2, that will do a decent job.

what can i add to it, to make it run todays games at high detail,???, and run some of tommorows games??

Is this a custom built PC made by yourself? Or configured from a company such as Dell, Alienware, Voodoo, ABS or another company?

If I could tweak these specs, I would get a better videocard, (maybe a 6800gt or GS) and an extra GB of ram.

it is custom built, i live in the UK and if i said i have a budget of about £700 could you customise me a Better PC?

I'm not saying what you have there is "bad." It could just be better.
I mean, if you can afford it, by all means you should upgrade it a little, but what you have there is decent.

How much does that system that you have listed cost?

it cost £650 isnt 6600GT a good card? i thought it was :S, i got a bad feeling about the motherboard its a ASrock is it good or bad?

The 6600gt is a good midrange card, but you said you wanted to play the games at high settings, and the 6600gt will not.

You said your budget was 700 pounds and that system configured there is about 650. You could buy a much better card with 50 extra pounds.

As I said, You could get a 6800GS or GT for about 50+ pounds.

And you said that you are unsure about the ASrock board. I cannot comment on that as I have never used them, but I heard they are a branch of ASUS (which is a very good mobo company) and I know plenty of people here at techspot who have used ASrock boards.

I think ASrock is the budget Mobos of ASUS, what about a ATI card instead of the 6600GT would there be any ATI's that might be better??, i wish i could get the 7900GT which cost and extra £200 :(

Yes, I could try and find a card that would suit your needs, can you tell me what website you are buying these parts from?

Oh and just a little word of advice. If you want to save a little money then I would drop the logitech keyboard and mouse deluxe set and purchase a cheap keyboard and maybe an MX500 or MX518 for a mouse. I own a 500 and it is great for my games.

Well I guess your right, I am just a cheapass. :haha:
I checked out the site and it looks like there isnt too much selection. The best card in your price range on that site is probably the x1600xt. I own that card personally and it is quite good. I can max out CS:S and HL2 as well as games such as BF2.

I hope I was of help to you and that everything works out.. just ask if you need anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back