Is this enought power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a asus p4r800-vm mobo, p4 3 gig cpu, 1 gig of ram 233mhz(when i put my new corsair ddr400 valueselct in after a few minutes i get a bluescreen), a bfg 6800gt oc'd, and a antec 480 watt psu.
My frames in cs source arent near what i thought they would be, i get anywhere betwen 30-60 fps sometimes as low as 20 in a gunfight. Some people think its my psu not having enought power. maybe its my mobo with the ati chipset?
I was thinking of buying a amd athlon 3200+ and a asrock uli m1695 mobo to try and get better fps, the reason i am thinking of that mobo is because i dont want to buy a new video card now and this is the only amd mobo i can find that has agp 8x and pci-express 16x on it.

If anyone could help me ifigure out the best way to get better performance from my games without going crazy on the price that would be greatly appreciated. I really hope its just my psu.

Thank you in advance, Jerry

peterdiva said:
What resolution are you running it at?with or without AA or AF?

I am runing it at 1024x768 with aa @2x and af @ 4x. I also just turned shader detail to low(the default is high) to get a couple more fps.
Thanks for the reply, Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back