Is this legal?

Peddant said:
You can`t fool us that easily Real Blackstuff.He`d be dead wouldn`t he ? DOH !

Not DOH. Why can't a dead person marry anyone? Or do any other legal transactions? Is there some law that says "dead people don't count"? (We'll leave out rabid convervatives saying that marriage with a dead person is "unnatural" and not how it's meant in the Bible etc etc).

The fact that no dead people (at least I haven't heard) have tried to marry anyone so far doesn't mean it's impossible.

Well, there was actually a story on the telly here in Sinagpore about people who married dead pepeople...

It's apparently not that unusual in China, and not unheard of in neighbouring countries. Unfortunately I didn't catch the actual program, so all I know is from the spots adverticing it. But apparently you either choose to marry a dead person, or a relative of the dead person asks you to marry the dead. After the marriage you go about your business like nothing is out of the ordinary, but when you die you're united for eternity. Or something like that...

If all those people can vote when they are dead, why shouldn't they be allowed to get married too?

SNGX1275 said:
If all those people can vote when they are dead, why shouldn't they be allowed to get married too?

I agree entirely SNGX.

We get dead people who post on these boards occasionally. well, at least they appear to be dead. ;)

Regards Howard :)

I know a few people who were legally dead.

I know a guy who was denied a job because he was dead.

And you know, there was a man who accused a doctor of wrongful death, he represented himself :) ouch, that sucked.

Vigilante said:
I know a few people who were legally dead.

I know a guy who was denied a job because he was dead.

And you know, there was a man who accused a doctor of wrongful death, he represented himself :) ouch, that sucked.
I know a few people that should be dead does that count for anything :p

Nodsu said:
Not DOH. Why can't a dead person marry anyone? Or do any other legal transactions? Is there some law that says "dead people don't count"? (We'll leave out rabid convervatives saying that marriage with a dead person is "unnatural" and not how it's meant in the Bible etc etc).

The fact that no dead people (at least I haven't heard) have tried to marry anyone so far doesn't mean it's impossible.
www.mydeathspace.com :evil:

Mormons tend to marry the dead as a way to save souls past. :angel:

I died 3 times, clinically and legally......
who do the "in between places, GHOST's marry?"

SOcRatEs said:
I died 3 times, clinically and legally......
who do the "in between places, GHOST's marry?"

I wonder if some die illegally?

I suppose Ghosts don't want to marry. They can go around and see and do as they please. Think about it. Marry? HA

Sounds great! Marry a dead woman then you can be home from the pub as late as you want without all the moaning and complaining!!!

I dont suppose that someone dead will want to get married...Probably who experienced death will like to repeat the thingy again...

Back