Is This Right or Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

werty316

Hey everyone, there was a forum contest held recently on IntelForums website and the winner won with only one post and the person entered one day before the contest ended. Unfair you ask? See for yourself.

http://www.intelforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=2013&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=72

Forum1.JPG

Forum2.JPG

I guess my first question would be "does this person continue to use the forums and is he productive about it?".

I'd be the first one to admit that I recently cam onboard in December, registered and started posting "because" of a giveaway that was going on. I'd trolled these boards before but never registered. Well, in that giveaway I won second place (thanks again all).....a brand new Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro and it's pretty sweet.

BUT I've really gotten to enjoy these boards....like and admire all here for their respective views and knowledge on all sorts of things. Remember, these contests are promotional and in this case it worked. I'm here and I've started buying more from Newegg, the contest's main sponsor.

Just my $.02.

The Rules

-A valid email address in your profile

-Limit one entry per person.

-Void where prohibited.

-Odds are determined by the number of entries.

-Contest is open to ONLY legal residents of the United States or Canada, eighteen years or older at the time of entry.

-Contest begins February 1, 2004 and ends February 29th, 2004.

-No purchase necessary.

-By entering this contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules.

-No names or addresses are sold or distributed by this site; enter with confidence

-IntelForums staff (and their friends/family) are not eligible for this contest (sorry mom).

Nowhere does it talk about a minimum amount of posts. The winner was picked randomly amongst all of the participants. Those who had more posts had more chances of winning but the ones with just one post were just as eligible as the others.

Notice that it was a giveaway, not a contest.

& my question is what does this have to do with TechSpot ?

It obviously has nothing to do with the great site Techspot but I thought it was weird. I guess a "giveaway" is a "giveaway". I should have rephrased it as a "giveaway then a "contest" since there is nothing you really have to do to be on top to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back