Is this safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekieNick101

H, I just got done taking a CPU out of a old mobo i didnt want and I got some of that heatsink paste they call it or silver copound they use between the headsink and the cpu, if I got some on my hands will it hurt my skin orr anytihng, I found it very hard to get off my hands?
Thanks for reading

I don`t think it`ll do any harm, providing you washed it off properly. I wouldn`t recommend handling any food with it on your hands though.

I usually use a plastic bag over my hands when handling thermal paste. However, I have had it on my hands once or twice, without any ill effects.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks, its my first time ever doing it it might of seem werid me asking that but yeah im new to it thank you so much and yeah i got it off but thanks for the advice next time im using gloves

Because its grease based, washing up liquid is good at getting rid of it especially if you add a small ammount of sugar to it.

Thnaks for thr advice I washed my hands serval times and it still felt werid so I did use alittle sugar and well la my hands feel normal thanks for th advice it really worked, I didnt tihnk thermal compound would hurt my skinbut it just felt werid at first

Glad i could help. Thermal paste is definitely not harmful in the short term. The reason it makes your hands feel weird is because it either blocks up your skins pores and stops the natural oils from being able to cover your hands or it absorbs the oils, cant remember which.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back