is this temp good for the nvidia 7600gs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks a little bit high, but not to high. If your card has a fan see if an IDE cable got stuck in it. That happened to my eVGA e-GeForce 7900 GS KO and it was running at those temps. If so its nothing to worry about if your card has no fan. Either way those are safe temperatures.

well my card has a fan on it but i turned on my ac nyc is getting hot and my room was pretty dam hot today and the temp has already went down to 57 so im pretty sure its the room that was affecting it.

62 c is pretty isn't it? i mean on idle my card GPU temp is about 35-45...and when i game it gets to about 60-65...do you clean your computer much? i mean with compressed air:p believe it or not dust build up inside your comp within the fins of your heat sinks or fans cause temps to go up generally inside your case. clean your case! that will for sure bring temps down...and yeah during the summer my temps like yours do get alittle high...what i usually do is open up my case and have a fan constantly blowing on it when i'm gaming :)

well i always do clean my case cause i have a clear case but it seems its the hot air in my room im guessing is cause i have this pc running 24 hours a hdtv running which brings out hot air from the back xbox 360 2 routers 2 modems etc.today was the first time i put my ac on since it was really hot the temp went down to 51 etc so might just be that.

Check this thread out:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic77151.html

62 degrees isn't so bad. According to my manufacturer, BFG-Tech, their GPU slowdown doesn't occur until the low 80s. So long as you're below that, you're golden. Of course, card protocols vary by manufacturer, so check with yours to make sure. In general, the Nvidia control panel says core slowdown is 120 C. This is only a software setting to keep your rig from spontaneously combusting. Most higher-end GPUs should remain quite cool. It's the crappy -MX versions that run hot thanks to cheap cooling components and what-not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back