Is trillian the best for what it does??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sublime1sw

I did some research of Trillian and it looks pretty interesting. Im just wondering is there another program out there that does it better and stuff. Sorry if i make no sense. But id apprciate any help

Thanks, And again i apprciate anything

Define "best"..

What features of Trillian are you interested in? The huge amount of skins? The nice price tag? The ability to chat in many networks? Webcams?

Trillian is the most versatile around, but:

1.It is not compatible with Yahoo Messenger 7, so you can't send/receive file to/from users of that version

2.It has some vulnerabilities in the YM module that have been solved with other programs, like GAIM, for example.

In the end, I must say that I use Trillian al day long and it's been great, despite the small problems outlined so far.

Why is Trillian great?

1. It uses ~15Mb of memory right now, and I am logged to icq, aol, msn, ym and some 3-4irc channels.

2. It has video/audio chat capabilities, while GAIM or Miranda lack those.

3. You should check it for yourself, but have a little patience with it, on the first contact its interface may seem a bit confusing.

Good luck!

i used it for a lil while but usually i only ended up using AIM....so i deleted it...

but i think its the best thing out there if you need to communicate over all the different insatnt message programs...

o yeah and if your name sublime1sw has anything to do with the band....then you know exactly what good music is :cool:

meNOname said:
i used it for a lil while but usually i only ended up using AIM....so i deleted it...

but i think its the best thing out there if you need to communicate over all the different insatnt message programs...

o yeah and if your name sublime1sw has anything to do with the band....then you know exactly what good music is :cool:
Of course its got to do with sublime ,, if only Brad was still alive

I've recently found a proggie similar to Trillian, but it has two major drawbacks:

1.It's written in Java and eats huge amounts of memory

2.Can't be used to log into multiple accounts on the same network - you could use it to connect to only one ym/aim/icq/msn account at a time

Anyway, it looks great, it has its own network too with multiplayer online games and more, and the features could please most people.

I suggest you give it a try, especially since it's completely free:

http://www.qnext.com/

if only he was sublime1sw

they are still the best out there..no one beats em..its as simple as that :cool:

I'm an advocate of Trillian.

Have MSN, Yahoo and ICQ users.

I haven't come across a yahoo 7 user yet, but I'm sure Trillian will fix it shortly, they are always updating.

I do tend to have trouble transfering files anyway. But that may be a firewall issue too.

I use Trillian and it's a great program. The Basic edition doesn't allow webcam but upgrading to Pro will solve that. I can send and receive files from others and chat to people from MSN, Yahoo, AIM and IRC. It's got a friendly user interface and it doesn't contain any SpyWare (to my knowledge).
5/5 for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back