is video card bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate39

Recently while playing a game that doesn't use much power it froze up. I soon began to have blue screens randomly but not too often. I went for over a week without one so I thought I had fixed it only to have another one today.

I decided to check my video card with ati tool and began to check for max core and memory. This isn't a good card for overclocking but when I scanned for the first time I was able to go from 425 core to 453 and from 432 mem to 520. I would back off a bit when playing games and have done well ever since I set up this computer over 6 months ago.

Just now I when I checked for max core and mem it hardly overclocked at all before it had an artifact. Is my card gone bad? I don't overclock except when playing games but sometimes a get a blue screen when doing nothing except checking email, etc. Do I need to put a better heat sink on the card? It has worked great up until now. Also, the rails on my PS are and always have been great.

I haven't changed anything and all programs are up to date. Help please. Thanks

Abit an8, Venice 3200 OC 2503
Abit x700 pro 256
Rosewill 500w 502 Extreme
OCZ 512x1 Performance

just saw that the fan on the vid card has frozen up and cleaning it didn't help. So back it goes to Newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back