Is vista worth the wad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxLairdxX

I'm just a high school student who loves computers so ui cant afford to much, i would only be going for home premium.

So is there too much hype, not enough i haven't been on Techspot for quite a while. Is it worth the money or should i wait for a sale.

but then of course theres the whole good enough factor. Is it only worth it if you get ultimate, should i go BALLS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plz tell

Vista -- oh the opinions!

Greetings XxLairdxX,

I work in an elite team of MCDSTs and a majority of us concur that Vista isn't worth the money but we aren't willing to go without it -- go figure.

Anyway, many people praise it and many people bash it - just as they have the proprietary scheming Microsoft has always been accused of. Here is a great article to address your concerns.

~aRtIcLe~

On a personal note (and believe me, I'm ready for criticism), Vista Ultimate is on my wish list, I just got the ActionPak and I think VU can be upgraded to from Vista Business for a reasonable amount of $$.

Lastly, I hear that its voice recognition capabilities are stellar but to some, this is superfluous and the cause for my anticipated mass apprehension toward the migration.

I have it...don't get it for the gaming. I made that mistake...I cannot play some of my favorite games, mainly BF1942 and CoD:UO is screwed up.

User interface looks pretty though, haha.

hm

well my main goal is the ultimate gaming computer so should i just wait till the price goes down on ultimate or settle for home premium... also is there a difference between upgrade and just buying it in quaility?

Don't get the upgrade version, I made that mistake. Apparently if you need to reformat your HD you then have to install WinXP before you can install Vista! Sweet way to double reformat times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back