Is Windows Vista upgrade versions transferrable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallabing

I read the software licening terms for windows vista and I think it said it is tranferrable

http://download.microsoft.com/docum...lish_36d0fe99-75e4-4875-8153-889cf5105718.pdf

"13. UPGRADES. To use upgrade software, you must first be licensed for the software that is eligible
for the upgrade. Upon upgrade, this agreement takes the place of the agreement for the software
you upgraded from. After you upgrade, you may no longer use the software you upgraded from."

So I can install Vista upgrade from a OEM copy of Windows XP, and it will still be tranferable?

Because when you install Vista, the Vista agreement overwrites the OEM windows XP copy, and now the new Vista agreement says it's tranferable.

Maybe this will help.
Rick said:
OEM, according the EULA, does not allow transfers. Previous versions of Windows have allowed transfers for OEM. However, Microsoft's product activation center seems to be allowing transfers of OEM software to different systems. This is a shade of grey though... It's against the EULA, but Microsoft itself gives you a legitimate activation code. Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back