Ishost.exe and Ismini.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, sorry to sound like a big newbie here. I've got a large problem with Ishost.exe and Ismini.exe. I originally downloaded a piece of software and tried to run it. It dispatched a virus onto my computer that AVG Free caught. I told it to heal it, and it most certainly did not. Now, I was able to boot into safe mode, remove the two files, and remove all traces in the registry. It came back a week later. Then i got a new computer for christmas, and reformatted. When all this was going on, I forgot about the file. It was on my other hard drive, and i was curious as to what it was, seeing as how i forgot it was there. Well, now i have the same files on my computer yet again. I tried safe mode, i tried removing it from startup then doing numerous things, and yet... none of it works. funniest part about it, AVG Free has no idea that they're sitting there. I'm now more protected about my computer, but i'd like to get rid of these files. I have Zone Alarm, so they have no access to the internet and can't do anything but slow my computer down. reformatting is not an option at this point, seeing as i just now got everything situated again, and reformatting again would be such a hassle. i'm very computer literate, so i should be able to understand anything you throw at me. any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-runt9

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of runt9 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks for the help, man. The virus is gone for now, thanks to the tools. However, last time I thought i got rid of it, it came back. We'll see what happens. This is a gaming/music computer, and i just reformatted and got everything back up, so reformatting is the last thing i wanna do right now. Anyways, attached are the HJT and AVGAS logs.

Your HJT log is clean, but we need to get rid of one entry as it is classed as spyware.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

ALCMTR.EXE

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

ALCMTR.EXE<Search your system for this file and delete all instances found.

Reboot your computer.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Turn system restore back on.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of runt9 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back