Ishost Is... Etc. Plus More

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_noob005

I was dloading a demo of a game off a site that i found on google. an it gave me a trojan. i was stupid enough to actually click next and install after winxdows warned me like a thousand times, but now im stuck, i've gone thorugh various things to get rid of it, such as ewido, ad aware, and trend micro pc. burt after it detects it and "fixes" it i restart my computer and its back. i have all that isstuff, like ishost, issearch, isnotify... plus i keep getting severl pop ups. if i leave my pc on over night, my comp will have like 50 pop_ups on my screen for the same thing. i also get an anoying mesage on my toolbar every once in a while saying "system alert: adware & spyware,(ansd some stuf fon getting rid of it)" i've tried to ignore it, but its making my comp to slow. also my hjt logs are nothing, cause after reading other peoples help on this, i tried to do the same, but i ignore a bunch of stuff i was gonna fix and don't no how ot unignore, please help. obviosly im a computer noob, hence the name.
Oh its late where i am so i won't be on for a bit, so don't w8 up.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Download and run these four tools, follow the instructions for using each tool.

Tool1 Tool2 Tool3 Tool4

Then, go and read this thread HERE, post a fresh HJT log as an attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of pc_noob005 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Sorry

Sorry, my computer is going haywire. I finally got safe mode up. So i have a even bigger problem now. Now when i load my compouter it get like messed up and sorta freexes during startup. The is's no longer show up, but now i have something called wgatray, and i can't even end it from tskmger. so plz help, and should i still dload the tools even thoguh i dont see the is's. thank you

Yes, follow the instructions I gave you and then post a fresh HJT log.

The wgatray.exe is Windows genuine advantage and is perfectly safe.

Regards Howard :)

well, you already no im a computer noob, and i well ignored a bunch of files i thought was ok on hjt, so this is what comes up.

That doesn`t look like a full HJT log to me. there are no 04 or 023 services entries, which is strange to say the least.

Also, you`re not running any antivirus or firewall software.

Download and install the free AVG antivieus programme and either the free Zonealarm or the free Kerio firewall. Just Google for them. Install whichever firewall you chose, followed by AVG. Reboot your system the required number of times and run the AVG updates.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Run a full system scan with AVG and delete whatever it finds.

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on.

Post a fresh HJT log from normal mode.

i am in safe mode i thinks why i don't have any firewalls, cause i use trend micro, ewido, and adware, and my hjt log is half epmtpy cause i need to no how to unignor stuff. but ill do what u just told me to. all of my antivirus and firewall stuff, plus the 04's, and the rest r in my ignorelist cause i thought they were safe.

Which bit of Post a fresh HJT log from Normal mode don`t you understand?

I also asked you what you meant by the ignore list?

oh, sorry i didn't see that post, and i attempted to fix them beofre i found this site, and you can put sanned stuff onto the ignore list if its safe, or you thank it is by clicking ignore selected in the bottom right of the scan screen, maybe i have an older versoin. and that hjt log is from normal mode.

Ah! Now I see.

Run HJT and click on the config button, then on the ignore list button. Click the delete all button, followed by the back button. Run a HJT scan and post the resulting log.

Download the Pocket Killbox programme from HERE. Extract it but don`t run it yet.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

ToolBar888

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

zqoim.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll (file missing)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0B5F7FDF-0717-45BF-B49D-695F3168C7FE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\admparsek.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A4F94C0C-54A7-4DB1-9AF3-B22E63D00311} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\compstuig.dll (file missing)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A4F94C0C-54A7-4DB1-9AF3-B22E63D00322} - C:\WINDOWS\g2565140.dll

O2 - BHO: ToolBar888 - {CBCC61FA-0221-4ccc-B409-CEE865CACA3A} - C:\Program Files\ToolBar888\MyToolBar.dll

O3 - Toolbar: ToolBar888 - {CBCC61FA-0221-4ccc-B409-CEE865CACA3A} - C:\Program Files\ToolBar888\MyToolBar.dll

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [zqoi] C:\Program Files\Common Files\zqoi\zqoim.exe

O20 - Winlogon Notify: cfgmngr32 - C:\WINDOWS\g42594375.dll

O20 - Winlogon Notify: h618 - C:\WINDOWS\g4836328.dll

O20 - Winlogon Notify: h619 - C:\WINDOWS\g17683937.dll

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winhdn32 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winhdn32.dll

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\ToolBar888
C:\Program Files\Common Files\zqoi\zqoim.exe

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted.

These are the filepaths you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winhdn32.dll

C:\WINDOWS\g17683937.dll

C:\WINDOWS\g4836328.dll

C:\WINDOWS\g42594375.dll

C:\WINDOWS\g2565140.dll

C:\WINDOWS\system32\admparsek.dll

Once your system has rebooted, turn system restore back on and post a fresh HJT log.

This thread is for the use of pc_noob005 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

That`s looking much better. However, we still have one nasty left to get rid of.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O20 - Winlogon Notify: cfgmngr32 - C:\WINDOWS\g42594375.dll (file missing)

O20 - Winlogon Notify: h618 - C:\WINDOWS\g4836328.dll (file missing)

O20 - Winlogon Notify: h619 - C:\WINDOWS\g17683937.dll

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winhdn32 - winhdn32.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted.

This is the filepath you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\g17683937.dll

Once your system has rebooted, turn system restore back on and post a fresh HJT log.

Have HJT fix this inactive entry.

O20 - Winlogon Notify: h619 - C:\WINDOWS\g17683937.dll (file missing)

Other than that, your HJT log is clean.

I guess we got there in the end lol.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

my computer is parrently clean, but its slow. comp usage is 100%. heres a hjt file and a screenshot of my taskmanager process sto see if anyhitng is running that isnt exposed.

i was running starwars galaxies for awhile. and i know that makes it a 100%, but shouldnt it go down when i quit the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back