ismini.exe and other threats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I am a newcommer, but i have prepared my HJT and AVG Antispyware logs according to instructions in topic58138. Please help me with the next steps on. Thanks.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

WinAntiVirus Pro 2006
VideoKeyCodec

Close control panel.

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.Post a fresh HJT log, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Yasko only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

New HJT log file

Thanks for helping Howard,

I can not find WinAntiVirus Pro 2006 or VideoKeyCodec. Probably i have send you not actual HJT log. Now i am sending the last one.
Regards
Yasko

Ok, now we need to get rid of your hijack. This particular hijack is caused by downloading Xbox games etc.

The Blacklight programme gets rid of the hijack you have.

Go and download the Blacklight programme. and follow the instructions exactly.

Then post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Yasko only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

Fix all 017 entries.

Fix all 018-Protocol entries.

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Post a fresh HJT log.

Have HJT fix this inactive entry.

O3 - Toolbar: Safety Bar - {18668683-731c-48fa-b1b9-ad013748fb00} - (no file)

Other than that, your HJT log is now clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back