Isn't this beautiful ??

Julio Franco

Staff member
Currently Active Users: 118
Most users ever online was 128 on 11-05-2002 at 04:03 PM

:grinthumb

Does that mean us moderators will have to work for our dinners? ;)
Its good that there is more forum activity, as that will generally reflect an increase in site activity too which is always a good thing for TechSpot.

News Comments and Latest threads being displayed on our frontpage ;)... told you there was a big room for improvement !

Is this room for improvement padded?
Yeah the extra searchable thread topics on the front page will lead to more users (guest and registered). Guess we will have to keep a careful watch for unappropriate thread titles appearing on the front page though ;)

Thats not what I'm seeing here is what I see:
users.jpg

At one time earlier today I saw the number of "Guests" at 117, I don't remember how many "Members" were on at that time. I just noticed the really high number of "Guests" who need to register and become assimilated into the collective.

I guess it proves that the news topics posted by the TS Staff prove interesting enough for readers to click the comments link to see what else has been said about the subject. Guess some quality responses from forum members to the news items would encourage more people to register for the forum. I'm going to try and post some detailed and thoughtful responses to news posts in the future to try and boost our forum membership, I suggest everyone makes and effort for the forum community's benefit ;)

We have broken another record today:

Most users ever online on a day was 67 on 11-07-2002
Hope we can get a few more users until the days ends.

Not too shabby. I wonder how many "active" users we actually have now? Julio is there any way to tell in the logs?

What are the qualifications for "active users" because if you look at that pic I posted you will see that there are more active users than there are "number of active users today" and both of those numbers are less than Julio reported in the first post in this thread.

Currently Active Users = All users browsing the forums at a given time, including guests.

Number of Active Users Today = All registered members that have logged in during the day (no guests are counted).

No I am talking about how many people that actively post in a week or so. Because there are quite a few I dont' see around anymroe. That's all, the number of people out of all members that are actually active in posting.

We already have 1,104 registered users, I think this is what poertner is talking about. It's definitely rising.

Originally posted by poertner_1274
I am talking about how many people that actively post in a week or so. Because there are quite a few I dont' see around anymroe. That's all, the number of people out of all members that are actually active in posting.
Click on members, advanced search, last post is after a week before this date, number of posts greater than 100. Not too many.

Back