1500.0 Kbps----------------Cable/DSL 1.5Mbps

1544.0 Kbps----------------Full T1 1.544Mbps

3000.0 Kbps-----------------N x T1 3.0Mbps

3185 Kbps - ME----------3185 kbps

6000.0 Kbps-----------------T3 6.0Mbps

15000.0 Kbps-----------------T3 15Mbps

30000.0 Kbps-----------------T3 30Mbps

3706.4Kbps

I have a decent connection. THis is off a PC i have on a router. I host my own Vent servers, but i cant do much else.

Nice idea though.

1922.1 kbps

comcast cable, area service rated at 6,000 kbps

interesting note: i hit the back button to try unselecting my ISP and it took me to the same page, but my bandwidth was reported at 131612.9 kbps
...weird

wow this sucks....I came in at 450 kbps at work! And this is a T1 line. Why is it so slow?!?

I'm not at all sure these can be completely trusted.
There are so many factors, such as websever and isp traffic and such.

In your case, how many people may be surfing or retriving/sending email.

Very rarely have I found any connection that is as fast as advertised.
I mean who knows, if there's a satilite hop in there some where with
lots of latency.

And then there hardware to consider, what kind, how old,
how many hops to the gateway or even Inet throttling by company.
I've seen D3 lines act like dialup in some company offices.
But it is interesting to consider these facts and try to improve them.

Well there are maybe 25 users in the office, few on the internet, all retrieving email. All running WinXp on fairly new computers. But i guess the bottle neck is the customers servers are in BattleCreek, Michigan and we are in Atlanta, Georgia. But I still would think the connection would be a little bit faster that it was. That speed was probably fairly close becase i can tell that they are really slow...my DSL at home is much faster and I have the Lite version right now!

halo71 said:
Well there are maybe 25 users in the office, few on the internet, all retrieving email. All running WinXp on fairly new computers. But i guess the bottle neck is the customers servers are in BattleCreek, Michigan and we are in Atlanta, Georgia. But I still would think the connection would be a little bit faster that it was. That speed was probably fairly close becase i can tell that they are really slow...my DSL at home is much faster and I have the Lite version right now!
Any black boxes or firewalls running filters?
Could even be the router dhcp or dns fouled up.
Maybe speak with your IT person?
If it's you, I'd be looking to the provider for answers. I can't imagine dsl out running T1 under these conditions....

There are firewalls that we run through, but I cant very well ask the IT folks in Battlecreek to look into this issue because Im tired of a slow internet connection. They increased our bandwidth last year and that speeded things up considerably but it it still WAY to slow. Is is possible that the T1 is shared with other buildings/companies that work for the same customer here in Atlanta. Could that slow the network down? I would think if so that it would take many computers on the same network to slow it down this much. Is there anything I can look at from my side that might speed things up? Keep in mind that the actual servers are a few thousand miles away.

Back