IT Software or Utilities

NetCablesPlus

Hi,

It has been quite a while since I last posted. Got caught up with my PC and Network cable business (ended up buying out my partner, bottomline) and that kept me away from here for months. I hope that I am posting this in the right forum and please accept my apologies in advance if I have not.

This year, I would like to expand the business and am looking for some suggestions, etc. But first, a little background. I sell discount PC and network cables, tools, accessories, shelving, etc. via my website, on eBay, and on Amazon. I have built up a base of 20,000+ customers, with most of them being onesie, twosie buyers. However, I have also picked up hundreds (perhaps even low thousands) of business buyers who are either IT managers at medium to large companies or small systems integrators (1-5 person shops.) My plan is to focus almost exclusively on these business buyers moving forward.

Now for the question: I am looking for ideas for small software or utility programs that might be useful for my business buyers. Of course, there is a ton of standard IT and networking software out there and I do not want to duplicate or distribute that type of package. I am more thinking about offering small software packages that are perhaps unique and/or so specialized that someone on my website buying cables might see something and feel that it is worth spending a small amount of money for it. Any ideas or, perhaps, have you written a software program that might be of interest to such buyers and do not have a good sales channel for it?

Might be a crazy idea, but I thought that I would float it out here and see what responses I get. Thanks in advance.

JR

Back