Itunes Duplicate song help

Status
Not open for further replies.

drappendix

I have 16000 songs. probably 2,500 are doubles that i do not want. now i dont want to spend the rest of my life going through 5000 songs and deleting the duplicates. does anyone know of a program that find duplicate song from an itunes library and deletes the songs based on a designated criteria?

although i dont have nearly the volume of songs you do, i have that problem too. I wonder if any of the updates sooner or later will address that issue. looks like you will just have to find duplicates and delete as you go as far as i know

Hi there,
There's actually a function in iTunes to show all you double songs... this will only work on the other hand, if the songs have identical names. Now, I have the dutch version but the function should be at the top menu (file | edit | ...) at the "view" button or something. It's called "show doubles".

Hope this helps

ciao

yes thats what i was trying to remember. I did it once and got rid of a few songs, but my position on this is that ITunes needs something that will automatically detect a song and not duplicate it to itunes. Some kind of window should come up and say something along the lines of "itunes has already detected "X" on your playlist-replace? delete?

but i dont work for apple so i can only provide feedback i suppose
siforee said:
Hi there,
There's actually a function in iTunes to show all you double songs... this will only work on the other hand, if the songs have identical names. Now, I have the dutch version but the function should be at the top menu (file | edit | ...) at the "view" button or something. It's called "show doubles".

Hope this helps

ciao

Yea i know about the duplicate song things it is just that i have so many. i need a program that can do it for me. or some script. nye the way im running windows. so no applescript. damn the luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back