iTunes error with iPod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai

I posted this on Apple forums and another forum, and of course Apple won't help you. So I'm hoping someone at Techspot will be able to help me fix this. And I cannot format, because I have no space to put all my files, so I'd like to be able to fix it.

Ok I'm getting really ticked off now. My iTunes won't read the iPod. Everytime I launch the iTunes I get this error:

"The software required for communicating with the iPod is not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes to install the iPod's software."

I've reinstalled EVERYTHING like a hundred times. Deleted registries, deleted folder, hidden folder, restarted, updated, upgraded. I've reinstalled iTunes aobut 50 times, tried about 3 different versions. All this crap. I followed all these guides that tell you how to fix the problem:

http://www.smartcomputing.com/techsupport/detail.aspx?guid=&ErrorID=26554

Apple - Support - iPod 101 - Troubleshooting - Installation Issues

And some others, just can't remember the links. And everytime I launch the iPod Updater it gives me this error: "iPod Service Error".

I've done everything I can think of and been told to do. I don't know what to do now, anyone know how I can fix this?

So I've followed tons of guides, Apple support. Deleted registries, folders, hidden folders, emptied recyle bins. Uninstalled quicktime. Tried a different USB port. None of it is working.

I tested it on another computer in the house and it works fine. So I have no idea why I'm getting this on my computer. Anyone have any idea on how I can fix this?

I have a Windows XP.

Well I've tried both of those before, except for this part:

Click Start and Run. Type msconfig in the Open field and click OK, the General tab, and the Selective Startup radio button. Deselect the Load Startup Items checkbox, click the Startup tab, and select the iTunesHelper checkbox. Click the Services tab and verify that the Hide All Microsoft Services checkbox is selected. Deselect all checkboxes except for the iPod Service checkbox. Click the OK button, and when prompted, click Restart.

Check to see if iTunes and your iPod work properly. If they do not, Apple says you should try the following procedures:

Click Start and Run. Type msconfig in the Open field and click OK. Click the Services tab and deselect the iPod Service checkbox. Download and install the latest version of iTunes once again. Restart your computer. Check to see if the problem is resolved. If not, right-click My Computer and click Manage. Click Services And Applications in the left pane. Double-click Services in the right pane. Right-click iPod Service in the right pane, click Properties, and click the Stop button. Click Start and Run. Type “C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe” /service and click the OK button. Restart your computer.

Which I just now tried, and I'm still getting the error.

what shows up in your Event Log?
cp->Admin Tools -->Event Viewer-->System

at 1:52:59 there's an Error on Service Control Manager;
read it to me

Screenshot:

The npkcrypt service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

And when you click the link you get:

Category: None
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Date: 2/22/07
Event ID: 7000
Filename: netevent.dll
File Version: 5.1.2600.0
Product Name: Microsoft Windows Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.0
Source: Service Control Manager
Time: 1:52:59 PM
Type: Error

searching Event ID: 7000, I get this

I'm on XP/Home/SP2 with iTunes installed and working, but when I try it I see:
C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff>sc query npkcrypt
[SC] EnumQueryServicesStatus:OpenService FAILED 1060:

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

Wanted to Bump to, hopefully I can get it fixed. (Sorry if the bump is to early).

Encrpytion

Just wondering. Is your temp folder encrypted? Microsoft says that it will not work if it is. I am trying it now since my temp folder was encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back