iTunes for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Apple Computer unveiled the Windows version of its closely watched iTunes music jukebox software and song store Thursday, in a rare foray away from the Macintosh platform.

Like the iTunes Music Store service it unveiled for the Macintosh computer last April, the new jukebox software for Windows is free and offers a one-click access to downloads of an expansive music catalogue, with most songs priced at 99 cents.

Read more: CNet News.

A few of us in the IRC channel downloaded it last night and wasted a couple few hours playing around with the online radio stations (which are free). Its a pretty nice interface and there are quite a few stations, less than you can find on shoutcast or something but last night around 2:00AM Central time there were 335 stations, and they are all split up into genres.
If you don't mind having quicktime on your computer its probably worth a download.

it does a much better job syncing with the iPod than musicmatch (dam better be!). i'll be using it to sync my iPod but i still like winamp a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back